Food for thought...

"The higher you soar, the smaller you appear to those who cannot fly."

Monday, June 22, 2009

Envictus

I had almost forgot about the power of these words in this poem (my dad used to have me say it when I was little), but if these words were written across every persons heart...perhaps the rates of suicide would be less prevalent. Perhaps then, determination would be written on the faces of every child...

"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever God may be from my unconquerable soul.
Under the fell clutch of circumstance,
my head is bloody but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade, and yet,
the menace of the years finds, and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how straight the gate,
or how charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the MASTER of my fate,
the CAPTAIN of my soul."

Life at times has an uncanny way or teaching us multiple lessons. Whether they are presented in small or large packages, gifts or obstacles, remain unbowed and motivated in your pursuit. At times we all are impacted whether negatively or positively by something or someone. Turn everything into a lesson. Learn from it and grow.

My personal lesson for myself today: Don't let nobody tell you who or what you are. No matter if they are friend or foe. There is a difference from giving a healthy critique or constantly saying something negative. Do not let the negativity move you. Remain unbowed.

xoxo,
The Captain of Her Soul, Lolita

No comments:

Post a Comment