Food for thought...

"The higher you soar, the smaller you appear to those who cannot fly."

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Pazant

Sorry my fellow readers and bloggers...although this is a little late, it is still incredibly important that I do this. I would like to wish a Happy Fathers day to every single father out there who understands what it means to be a FATHER, including the awesome single mothers who play both roles. However, I would like to give a special tribute to my father, Mr. Alvin B. Pazant: an educator in every field of life.

(In the picture above, my father top left and Uncle Edward, bottom right.) This man in more ways than one has been an inspirational figure in my life. I believe I get my drive and determination from him in many ways. He has impacted my life profoundly. He will always be that one man in my life that I know I will always be able to depend on. Now why else would i blog about my father? I consider this man to be a visionary in music. Its because of him that I grew up around old time funk music. It is because of him that I learned to play the clarinet. Both my father and uncle, passionate about music started a band called "The Pazant Brothers and The Beaufort Express." They came out with songs such as "Cold Sweat", "Superfunk", "Loose and Juicy", "Skunk Juice". You can check out their discography and musch on The Pazant Brothers, google them.
From conducting orchestras to simply educating me on the simple values of life, this man, Alvin Pazant could never be replaced.

Peace & Funk,
Lolita

1 comment: