Food for thought...

"The higher you soar, the smaller you appear to those who cannot fly."

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Presenting....EarthGang

Upon first hearing about EarthGang, I had never heard of their music. After doing some research on these men, I can say that I was more than presently surprised. When asking a few people about them, the common response was "They are DOPE!" After listening to some of their music, I can honestly say the same thing. These two young men from Atlanta, Georgia are definitely worth the blog post. Let's continue shall we?

EarthGang consists of two young men by the names of Johnny Venus and E. Hobbes who currently attend Hampton University. How did they form this awesome duo? In the words of J. Venus: "We went to the same high school and decided to create the Music Group EarthGang and under the shade tree out side of the school's complex. I think our styles contrastically compliment each other and our musical taste, which is all over the world from Duke Ellington to The Clash helps us stay well rounded. We're not your typical rap group or your "rap" group for that matter. We want our music to transcend genres, culture, and time. Alot of fellow artists we come into contact with can be very narrow sighted. Like their ambitions are to only take over the "rap" game or the U.S. We plan to effect the world not only through music but through film, art, literature; the whole nine." Not your typical "rap" group? Not in the least! Influenced by artists such as Prince, 3-6 Mafia, Queen, Wolfmother, UGK, Chicago, Gill Scott Heron, The Fugees and The Beatles (which are just to name a few), EarthGang brings the music world a refreshing and unique sound that I truly can say I am a witness to. When I first heard their song "EG Rock" I was happy to hear a different sound than the usual "Rap" flavor thats consistently being packaged and shown in the media everyday.

Why am I supporting EarthGang? The music industry is in dire need of talented and unique individuals with vision, and that is EarthGang. It is ashame when unique artists with a brave, new sound get swept under the rug for not conforming to the norms of the music industry. For these reasons I support EarthGang. They bring the music game the full package. Not to mention, I support the fellow goal oriented, African American man. There is probably alot more I could say, but I'm going to let their music speak for themselves. My personal fave..."Ms Evette" =]

To listen to some of the refreshing taste of EarthGang's music, visit their myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/earthgangheadbangtheory or simply click on the picture above. To download their song "EG Rock" click on this link: http://www.divshare.com/download/7446775-45b and to download their song "Ms. Evette" click on this link: http://www.divshare.com/download/7242854-628. I promise, you won't regret it. Oh and hey fellow tweople, you can follow Johnny Venus on twitter at http://twitter.com/JohnnyVenus. (Wooo, God bless the internet...)


xoxo,
Lolita<3

No comments:

Post a Comment