Food for thought...

"The higher you soar, the smaller you appear to those who cannot fly."

Monday, March 15, 2010

Saying "Thank You"



Two. Simple. Words.




yet....so hard for some people to say apparently. Especially at good ole' Hampton University.
Ive always been raised to be respectful to my elders and whomever did an act of kindness, being as nobody on this planet owes you anything.....
But anywho....

what irks the crap out of me is when you hold the door for a person, and they cannot find the decency to say "THANK YOU". Like, did you just forget those words? Have they been erased from your vocabulary?

Well yesterday was my last straw..which is exactly why a young woman had a door slam on her hip as she was trying to bring her stuff in.

Sorry.

I would just like to remind people in general, that it is ok to say "Please" and "thank you". It is never wrong to say those things. There is such a thing as common courtesy. Let us not get so wrapped up and involved in our own hype, that we think we are ever too good to say "Please" or "Thank you". Once again, remember, nobody owes u anything.

That is all,
Lolita


(P.S. I'm getting back on my blogging grind. Between midterms and crazy work...AND being removed from my laptop, Ive truly missed this)

1 comment:

  1. people without manners are a turnoff, they should know better

    ReplyDelete